Friday, February 12, 2010

Booking Through Thursday



The northern hemisphere, at least, is socked in by winter right now… So, on a cold, wintry day, when you want nothing more than to curl up with a good book on the couch … what kind of reading do you want to do?

In the weeks leading up to Christmas I like reading Christmas-themed books; you know, the ones with love and family and miracles that make you feel warm and fuzzy inside just because it's Christmas. Through the rest of winter I like to curl up on my exceptionally comfy sofa with a blanket and a huge book of some sorts. I find winter a great season for historical fiction (especially gothic), epic fantasy and general thrillers. Oh, and Harry Potter.

Examples of "winter books" are The Historian, The Thirteenth Tale, The Other Boleyn Girl, Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell, Jim Rollins' Sigma series and Scott Lynch's The Gentleman Bastard sequence.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

In winter I like to read books which really help me get away from everything. Books set in the past, or another world (fantasy and historical). And the occasional comedy as well, just to put a smile on my face.

Related Posts with Thumbnails