Friday, May 28, 2010

Book Beginnings on Friday

Book Beginnings on Friday is a meme hosted by Becky at Page Turners. Anyone can participate; just share the opening sentence of your current read, making sure that you include the title and author so others know what you're reading. If you like, share with everyone why you do, or do not, like the sentence.

Rise and Shine by Anna Quindlen
From time to time some stranger will ask me how I can bear to live in New York City.

Not the most intriguing of opening lines, but it does a good job of showing the setting for the story (which I suspect might have been the point, as this book couldn't have been set just anywhere).

3 comments:

Gilion at Rose City Reader said...

I kind of like it. Not a real attention grabber, but sets the tone.

Tales of Whimsy said...

Cool line. It leaves me wondering what the next line/answer will be.

Here is my BBF

Rebecca Chapman said...

It's pretty good. It definitely makes it clear what the setting of the story is, and you get a hint at what the main character will be like.

Related Posts with Thumbnails