Monday, June 7, 2010

It's Monday, What Are You Reading?

It's Monday, What Are You Reading is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at One Person's Journey Through a World of Books.
What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.



READ LAST WEEK:
Rise and Shine by Anna Quindlen
This was an enjoyable read about the relationship between two sisters living in New York: Meghan, a famous television host, and Bridget, a social worker. I loved the descriptions of life in New York City, as seen from both the glamorous and dark side, and the prose was wonderful.




CURRENTLY READING:
Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris
I originally planned to read Under Gemini after I had finished Rise and Shine, but I found I wanted something completely different before starting another book about family relations, so I picked up the first in the Sookie Stackhouse series. It's a fast, easy read (I read about 100 pages today while waiting for my mother at the hairdresser's), and I'm enjoying it.


WHAT'S NEXT:
Under Gemini by Rosamunde Pilcher
This is part of my BookCrossing reading challenge, and I thought it would be good to read it now as we have entered the sign of Gemini (21 May - 20 June).

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails