Thursday, June 24, 2010

Read in June 2009

Catching up...

12) To the Nines by Stephanie Plum
Read: 31 May - 1 June
Pages:384

I read this one in two days, which is very rare for me - I usually need at least a week on an average-sized book. But the Stephanie Plum books are easy to read, not to mention funny, and this was no exception. Unfortunately I haven't made any notes about it, so I have no idea what the story was about (they tend to mingle in my mind), but I must have liked it, judging by my rating.

Rating: 5

13) The Clue in the Old Stagecoach by Carolyn Keene
Read: 2 June - 3 June

Another 2-day read, but a very short one this time. Nancy Drew was my heroine when I was a kid (still is, in fact), and every once in a while I like to dig out an old "Miss Detective" book I haven't read before. I think this was the first time I read one in English though, which was neither better nor worse than reading them in Norwegian, just a slightly different voice.

Rating: 4

14) The Light Fantastic by Terry Pratchett
Read: 4 June - 16 June
Pages: 285

No notes on this one either...

Rating: 3

15) The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
Read: 18 June - 23 June
Pages: 289

Nobody Owens is growing up on the graveyard on the hill with the ghosts Mr and Mrs Owens as his parents because his living family was murdered by a mysterious man when Bod was a baby. There are many exciting and dangerous things to explore in the graveyard, but it is in the living world the real dangers lurk. Because the man jack is still out there...
An incredibly suspenseful, scary, funny, creepy and sad book about growing up, feeling different, making choices and finding yourself. Not one single page was boring, not one single word superfluous. Gaiman at his best.

Rating: 6

1 comment:

Mari - Escape In A Book said...

I'm a bit behind on my Plum I can see. I just finished Four to Score and started High Five yesterday.

Plum is excellent reading when you need a pick-me-up :)

Have a great weekend, Hilde!

Related Posts with Thumbnails