Monday, August 9, 2010

It's Monday, What Are You Reading (7)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey.

What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.

READ LAST WEEK
The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan
This was the first book I read on my Kindle, and it was a quick read. I actually read half of it in one day, which is rare for me. Whether that's because of the book or the Kindle, I'm not sure. ;)

CURRENTLY READING
16 Lighthouse Road by Debbie Macomber
This is about a judge in a family court, her mother and the young couple who appear in her courtroom wanting a divorce. Reminds me a bit about the TV series Judging Amy, which I really liked. I think this the first book in a series, but I'm not sure if the other books have the same characters in them. Anyone know?

WHAT'S NEXT
I've been putting it off for a while now, so I really think it's time for The Secret River by Kate Grenville.

4 comments:

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I remember that book! Loved it, and the show Judging Amy. Too bad it's gone....enjoy your books.

Here's mine:

http://curlupandread.wordpress.com/2010/08/08/its-monday-what-are-you-reading/

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

Loved 16 Lighthouse Road and yes, it is the same characters throughout the series. Each books title is an address and whoever lives at the address - it is the story told from their perspective. I really enjoyed these books and love the address titles.

heather said...

I recently read the Lightning Thief too. I liked it a lot more than the movie.

Hilde said...

Laurel: I miss Judging Amy too. Wish they would release it on DVD.

Sheila: Thanks for clearing that up for me! I'll have to look for the rest of the series then.

Heather: I haven't seen the movie yet, but I will now that I've read the book.

Related Posts with Thumbnails