Thursday, August 12, 2010

Think About It Thursday


Think About It Thursday is a new meme hosted by Rachel at 1001 Books. Each week she'll ask a question related to books and reading.

This week's question is:

Where/When is your favorite literary vacation spot?

I'd like to say the Australian Outback, so vividly described in Tamara McKinley's books, but I know I wouldn't survive a day there. I can't handle the heat, and I'm terrified of  bugs of all sorts, spiders especially. I'd constantly be checking my surroundings to see if there was anything scary nearby. I love reading about it though (the Outback, not the bugs).

Somewhere I'd love to visit is Rosamunde Pilcher's Scotland. Her descriptions of the lochs, the hills, the sea and the changing weather always make me long to see it for myself. I'd also like to spend some time in the small village of Aidensfield, created by Nicholas Rhea for his Constable books (better known from the TV series Heartbeat). And I wouldn't mind visiting the Inkworld from Cornelia Funke's Inkheart trilogy, to see the fairies and the brownies and the strolling players and the Wayless Wood - as long as I knew I would get back to my own world.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Thanks for playing along with me!

I haven't heard of many of those but now I'm intrigued. I agree with you, I think any supernatural world would be cool to see but I wouldn't want to stick around long.

I'm with you on the bugs and creepy-crawlies as well. I think that's why literary vacations are so awesome. You get to feel like you're there without all the drawbacks, like bugs, cost, and whatever kind of drama plays out in the book. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails