Friday, September 3, 2010

Book Beginnings on Friday (7)

Book Beginnings on Friday is a meme hosted by Becky at Page Turners. Anyone can participate; just share the opening sentence of your current read, making sure that you include the title and author so others know what you're reading. If you like, share with everyone why you do, or do not, like the sentence.

"Nobody knew how many centuries the desolate Bedouin fort had been standing out here among the oceans of sand, it's crumbling walls abandoned long ago."

This is the opening line of The Heretic's Treasure by Scott Mariani. I like this line. I can almost taste the sand in my mouth, and I keep thinking this will be some sort of Indiana Jones adventure. A books that has me creating pictures in my mind from the very first sentence can't be all bad.

What do you think?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails