Sunday, September 12, 2010

In My Mailbox (5)

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren in which we share what books we have received in the mail, bought, borrowed or otherwise acquired during the week.

I didn't do this meme last week, so this is two weeks' worth of IMM.


The Apprentice by Tess Gerritsen
Received from BookMooch. This is the second book in the Rizzoli & Isles series. I haven't actually read the first one yet, but from what I've heard about it I think I'll like it.

Inkheart by Cornelia Funke
I don't usually buy books that cost £25, but I had to have this gift edition. I originally bought the movie cover version, but I had to leave it behind when I went home from Australia. Then I got the gift edition of Inkspell from Amazon because it was the cheapest edition, but since I'm an idiot sometimes I didn't buy Inkheart and Inkdeath at the same time. When I finally realised I should probably get those too, they were sold out. I found Inkdeath in a Norwegian bookstore, but I couldn't find Inkheart anywhere. When I finally came across a copy from a private seller at Abebooks.co.uk I just had to have it, no matter how expensive it was. And I'm glad I did - don't they look beautiful together?

1 comment:

Book Sake said...

I love the Ink trilogy and they do look gorgeous together. I've never seen the gift editions before, lucky you!

Check out our Mailbox at BookSake.

Related Posts with Thumbnails