Monday, November 8, 2010

It's Monday, What Are You Reading (17)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey. It is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.

READ LAST WEEK
Did not finish any books this week either, but I did read a super-long Lord of the Rings fanfic (which I downloaded, converted to mobi format with Calibre and read on my Kindle. I love my Kindle - and Calibre.).

CURRENTLY READING
Still Bad Debts by Peter Temple. Sigh. I don't know why this is taking me so long to get through, because once I actually sit down and read I really enjoy it. It's just a chore to pick it up in the first place. I will try to make an effort to finish it this week, because next week it is time for Christmas books (see below).

I also received a review copy of The Sevenfold Spell by Tia Nevitt from Carina Press via NetGalley (my first review book - really excited!) which I'm about 40 % through at the moment. It's not that long, so I'm hoping to finish it today.

WHAT'S NEXT
I wish I was a faster reader, because a Norwegian TV channel will start Rizzoli & Isles on Thursday, and I would like to read at least the first book in the series before watching the show. I might have to record the first couple of episodes and try to read The Surgeon by Tess Gerritsen. I have also joined All About {n}'s 2010 Holiday Reading Challenge, so you should be seeing some Christmas-themed books here soon. The Challenge starts Nov 15, so there's still time to join!

What are you reading this week?

9 comments:

Carrie E Rundhaug said...

Wow! Where are you from in Norway!! My husband is from there and in April I got back from living there for a year!! I hope you have a great week! Happy Reading!!

Carrie
www.just-one-more-chapter.com

Hilde said...

Carrie, I'm from the Lofoten Islands in the north of Norway. Where is your husband from? Jeg antar at du snakker litt norsk siden du har bodd her et år? :)

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

My grandparents were born in Sweden...that's kind of next-door to Norway.

My eldest son lives in Germany (Berlin).

I got hooked on the Rizzoli & Isles series, but haven't read any of the books yet. Must do that.

Here's my Monday post:

http://laurelrainsnow.wordpress.com/2010/11/08/monday-memes-mailbox-what-are-you-reading-nov-8/

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

The Sevenfold Spell sounds awesome!

Anonymous said...

I received for review Expiation by Greg Messel from Author Solutions.

Marce said...

Isn't NetGalley great, I can't read more than 1 at a time, one will always win over the other.

My Post

http://teawithmarce.blogspot.com/2010/11/monday-what-i-am-reading-and-mailbox.html

Unknown said...

Thanks for following my blog. Both you and I have one thing in common and that is we both wish we could read faster... I'm such a slow reader myself... but since I quit work I seem to have more time to spare on reading and blogging. Have a good reading week ahead. :D

Eva said...

Is that Peter Temple the Aussie? I tried reading his latest this summer and gave up after about 20 pages: I just couldn't connect with his writing at all.

Hilde said...

Marce - I am in love with NetGalley. So simple and convenient. I can't really read more than one book at a time either; I end up picking one and putting the rest aside until I've finished it.

Eva - Yep, that's him. I'm having a bit of trouble with the Aussie slang and there are a lot of names to remember, but I like the story (and the main character).

Related Posts with Thumbnails