Monday, January 3, 2011

It's Monday, What Are You Reading?

It's Monday, What Are You Reading is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey. It is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.

It's my first Monday post of the year and also the first in a while. December suddely got a lot busier than I had anticipated (as always) and of course I caught a nasty cold two days before Christmas and hardly had time to do the last of the cleaning, let alone read all the holiday books I had planned to. In fact, there were a lot of things I didn't get around to doing, but I will try again this year. :)

I had a good Christmas, though I spent most of it on my mother's couch coughing and eating chocolate (apparently chocolate helps ease a cough). I felt better after a couple of days, so I did get to finish three of the four books I had started in early December. This is what I have read lately:

The Stupidest Angel by Christopher Moore (review)
Christmas at The Mysterious Bookshop by Otto Penzler (ed.)
The Christmas Mystery by Jostein Gaarder
Slottet i Pyreneene (The Castle in the Pyrenees) by Jostein Gaarder

CURRENTLY READING
I am still reading Winter Solstice by Rosamunde Pilcher and savouring every word. I have also started Flaggermusmannen (The Bat Man) by Jo Nesbø last night. It is the first in the Harry Hole detective series, and so far it is quite good. It is set in Sydney which is great, because I have been to a lot of the places so I can easily picture everything.

WHAT'S NEXT
Heaven knows! I need to read Innocent Traitor by Alison Weir for a bookring, but my shelves are brimming with books I am dying to read: Sapphique by Catherine Fisher, Paranormalcy by Kiersten White, Bloody Jack by L.A. Meyer, The Thief by Megan Whalen Turner, Curse of the Spellmans by Lisa Lutz... The list is endless!

Wishing you all a Happy New Bookish Year!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

It is wonderful to know the benefits of chocolates. I hope you are feeling better. I adore Rosamunde Pilcher. Have a delightful week.

My Monday: http://www.rundpinne.com/2011/01/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-20.html

Anonymous said...

Oh, I LOVE Rosamunde Pilcher. She's as cozy as a nice, warm bubble bath. I hope you're enjoying it!

Hilde said...

Jennifer - Thanks, I'm almost completely recovered now. Chocolate helps for a lot, in my experience. ;)

Jessi - Isn't she just! Winter Solstice is my favourite of her books. It's the third time I'm reading it, and I love it even more every time.

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

You have some great reading plans ahead - enjoy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails