Monday, January 31, 2011

It's Monday, What Are You Reading?


It's Monday, What Are You Reading is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey. It is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.

I can hardly believe January is over already! I should probably start thinking about Christmas presents soon... January was a great reading month. I finished 7 books, which has to be a record for me in recent years. I usually only manage 2 or 3 a month, so I'm very happy. If I can keep this up, I will soon have to revise my goal of rading 40 books this year.

READ LAST WEEK
Last week I finished The Thief by Megan Whalen Turner, which was good, despite a somewhat slow first half. I also read The Greek Symbol Mystery by Carolyn Keene, a classic Nancy Drew mystery.

CURRENTLY READING
I have almost finished Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling. I had forgotten most of what happened in this book, so I'm glad I decided to re-read it. I'm having lots of fun with it.

WHAT'S NEXT
It looks like 2011 will be the year of re-reads for me. I had a sudden urge to read an old favourite again; The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch. I want to read it again before I move on to the next book in the series, so if I still feel like it tonight (it's huge!) that is what I will pick up.

What are you reading this week?

3 comments:

RAnn said...

Love the cover of HP! Interesting to see what different versions exist.

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I definitely plan to start reading the HP series this year!

Here's my MAILBOX/READING

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

AHHHH you cant go wrong with Harry Potter :)

Hope you join the Monday What Are You Reading this week as well - this is a special anniversary addition that I am very excited about! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails