Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday - Bookish Resolutions


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature / weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week we make a top ten list from a given topic.

This week's topic is

Top Ten Bookish Resolutions for 2011

I want reading and blogging to be fun without too much pressure, so these are more like guidelines that resolutions. :)

1. Read 40 books
The only real resolution on my list. Since I started reading for fun again I have always tried to read more than the previous year. That is my resolution for 2011 as well, but I thought it might be good to have a specific number in mind. I read 37 books in 2010, so 40 should not be too difficult to achieve.

2. Read and release more BookCrossing books
Since joining BookCrossing in 2005, I have received lots of books from generous bookcrossers. Unfortunately a lot of these are still sitting on my shelf unread. The whole premise of BookCrossing is to keep the books moving, so I feel a little guilty keeping them for so long. I really need to read some and get them moving again.

3. Reduce my TBR
As opposed to constantly increasing it. This means that for each new book coming in, that one or another one in my possession has to be read. This excludes library books, as they are not mine.

4. Complete my challenges
So far I have only joined 3 challenges for 2011, and I have chosen fairly modest levels for them because I didn't want to make it too hard for myself. I don't like having to read off a finite list of books, as those books may not always fit my mood when it is time to read them, but challenges have helped me to read TBR books and new-to-me authors that I might not otherwise have picked up.

5. Read the books from last week's Top Ten Tuesday – Books I Resolve to Read
Some of these are rather long, so I don't know if I will be able to read all of them this year, but I will do my best to read at least some of them.

6. Make sure I use my Kindle
I have a digital camera that cost a fortune, but I hardly ever use it. I don't want that to happen to my Kindle.

7. Do more general posts
The Turn of the Page is a very small blog, and so far I have mostly posted reviews and memes. I would like to try and write posts with more content so you guys will not be bored. :)

8. Do something about the blog layout
I am not very happy with the layout at the moment, but so far I have not had the time nor the energy to do anything about it. I could try to design something myself, or I might even get a customised layout. Either way I would like to make it a little more stylish-looking.

9. General clean-up of the blog
In addition to a new layout, I need to organise the blog better as well as update the pages and sidebars.

10. Have fun
The day reading and/or blogging becomes a chore is the day I take a break and do something completely different. After all, this is a hobby. If I am not having fun with it, what is the point? 

Now tell me your bookish resolutions!

3 comments:

Mary Grace said...

It's seems that a lot of people intend on using their eReaders more this year and lessen the number of books in their TBR. Here's my Resolution. :)

Song said...

I love your resolutions...especially 7 & 10. I think I need to do more general posts too...and never forget that all this is for fun.:D

Risa

Jen said...

I have a nook but its been a tad neglected lately. I want to use it as much as possible this year!

Good luck with all of your bookish resolutions! And I bet you'll read more than 40 books this year! :)

Jen at The Broke and the Bookish

Related Posts with Thumbnails