Friday, March 25, 2011

Book Blogger Hop

I haven't been hopping for a while, so I thought today might be a good day for it (it's The Big Waffle Day!).

The Book Blogger Hop is hosted by Jennifer at Crazy For Books. Each week she asks a question so that blogger can get to know each other a little bit better. This weekend the question is:

If you could physically put yourself into a book or series ... which one would it be and why?

Oh, that's a tough one! Many of my favourite books are great to read, but I don't think I would want to physically experience them. Like many others I think the Harry Potter series would be wonderful to visit; I would love to see Hogwarts and perhaps practice some magic. Another option is Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman, because London Below sounds like a fantastic place to experience. Yet another option is the No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency series by Alexander McCall Smith, because I've never been to Africa and a conversation with Mma Ramotswe over a cup of hot bush tea might just make me a little bit wiser. But the book I really want to visit is Winter Solstice by Rosamunde Pilcher, because being stuck in a snowstorm in a small town in Scotland during Christmas sounds just perfect.

6 comments:

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

I tried to become a follower, but I could not get the following device to work. :-(

Here's my blog post for this hop. Hope you will stop by.

Hilde said...

Deb -- Oh no! Maybe there's a problem with Google Friend Connect (bad timing!). Thanks for trying though! :)

Jen said...

I love the book Neverwhere -- and I think it would be cool to experience London Below - even if it's just for a day. :)

pussreboots said...

If I were to pick a Gaiman world to visit, I'd want to go to the other side of the wall (Stardust).

My answer's a little selfish. Come see why. Happy blog hop.

Ms. C said...

Hopping through and now following, too. You have some great book selections for this week's question. I also chose the Potter series :)

Take care & happy reading,
Ms. C
http://www.coffeetalereviews.blogspot.com/

Ann Summerville said...

Winter Solstice is a good choice.
Ann

Related Posts with Thumbnails