Monday, March 14, 2011

It's Monday, What Are You Reading

It's Monday, What Are You Reading is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey. It is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.

Just when it looked like spring was about to come, we had a massive snowfall this weekend and are back to full winter... I have to go outside and literally dig out my car later. I think this winter has lasted long enough now, I want it to be spring already! I also have a lot to do at work until Easter, so my plans of making March my best reading month yet might be overthrown... But we shall see. I am expecting an order from The Book Depository, and if those books would just hurry up and get here, there are a couple I want to get started on ASAP.

FINISHED LAST WEEK
I really enjoyed reading Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban again. I realised I had forgotten so much of the story, so it was almost like reading it for the first time. Now I know why I liked Lupin so much. I think this might be my favourite book in the series (out of the five I have read).

CURRENTLY READING
I started Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer yesterday. I have heard good things about this series, and have been looking forward to reading it for a while. So far it's very interesting. The setting is quite unique, and I have never read about fairies or leprechauns before. It's an easy read, so it shouldn't take too long to finish.

I am also still reading my e-book of The Book of Tomorrow by Cecelia Ahern. I didn't get to read it this weekend because I was visiting my mother and didn't take my computer with me, but I hope to finish it either today or tomorrow. Look for a review soon.

WHAT'S NEXT
I plan to start Inside Out by Maria V. Snyder as soon as it gets here. I also have an e-ARC of Cinderella: Ninja Warrior by Maureen McGowan that I should read soon. Now that I have almost read an entire book on my laptop I realise it wasn't as bad for my eyes as I had thought, so I can start accepting galleys that don't have a Kindle option. The trick? Turn down the screen brightness to 60%.

What are you guys reading this week?

4 comments:

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

Harry Potter! You just can not go wrong! I have yet to read Artemis Fowl....but I would like to.

Rachel said...

That Cinderella title had me at "Ninja Warrior"! I hope the book is as awesome as its title!

Ann said...

How are you finding The Book of Tomorrow? I was so disappointed in it after PS: I love you, so I hope you're enjoying it more than I did!

Hilde said...

Book Gatherer - I really like it. I have seen mixed reviews, but it works for me. I haven't read anything else by Cecelia Ahern though, so I didn't have any expectations starting out. Maybe that was a good thing? And if PS. I Love You is as good as I hear, I have something to look forward to. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails