Tuesday, April 5, 2011

My Month in Books: March

March was an average month reading-wise; I finished 4 books and I am actually ahead of schedule for my personal reading challenge (yay!). I had a lot to do at work, which explains why I didn't get any more reading done. One of the books was from NetGalley and I had to read it on my laptop. I'm not fan of reading on my computer because it hurts my eyes (plus, I spend enough time staring at a screen at work), but aside from the fact that I couldn't put the book in my purse when I went anywhere, the experience was much better than I had feared. I discovered that reducing the screen brightness to 60% really helped my eyes. But I have to say I'm extatic that the Kindle button is back on NetGalley, because I much prefer reading on my Kindle. For some strange reason I seem to read faster on my Kindle than paper books. Anyway, spring is in the air and this is what happened at The Turn of the Page in March:

Read in March

Links go to my reviews

12) Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (re-read)
13) The Book of Tomorrow by Cecelia Ahern
14) Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer
15) Inside Out by Maria V. Snyder

Other reviews posted
The Survivor by Seas Slater

Incoming Books

I can't believe how many books I actually got this month! I blame Amazon's Buy with 1-click button...

For review
Outside In by Maria V. Snyder (NetGalley) – Can't wait to read this sequel to Inside Out!
The Twisted Tale of Stormy Gale by Christine Bell (NetGalley) – Isn't that a fantastic title?
Lake Charles by Ed Lynskey (from the author)

Bought
Nyphron Rising by Michael Sullivan (Kindle)
The Fiddler's Gun by A.S. Peterson (Kindle)
Spying in High Heels by Gemma Halliday (Kindle)
Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder by Joanne Fluke (Kindle)
The Tales of Beedle the Bard by J.K. Rowling
Inside Out by Maria V. Snyder
Signs and Wonders by Philip Gulley
Serenity: Better Days by Whedon/Matthews/Conrad (graphic novel)

Won
I was lucky enough to win an e-book copy of Fire Burn and Cauldron Bubble by H.P. Mallory from the lovely Stella at Ex Libris. Thank you Stella and H.P.!

Challenge Progress

First in a Series Challenge – 5/6 (I will most likely update this to the next level soon)
1. Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by J.K. Rowling
2. Burglars Can't Be Choosers by Lawrence Block
3. Heat Wave by Richard Castle
4. Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer
5. Inside Out by Maria V. Snyder

2nds Challenge – 0/3 

Mystery & Suspense Challenge – 4/12
1. Burglars Can't Be Choosers by Lawrence Block
2. Heat Wave by Richard Castle
3. The Survivor by Sean Slater
4. Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer

Other Posts of Interest

Top Ten Tuesday
Books I Just HAD To Buy ... That Are Still Sitting On My Shelf
Dynamic Duos

Booking Through Thursday
Series or Stand-alone?

Other
Are You a Hardcover or Paperback Book?
Instructions by Neil Gaiman (video)

I also participated in Random Acts of Kindness over at Book Soulmates. Check out the sign-up post for April and spread some love!

3 comments:

Ann said...

Wow - even if you only managed to get through four books in March it still looks like you've had a pretty busy month! A great line up of books ahead too.

Audra said...

Nice going! I love reading on my ereader -- I took think I read faster on it!

Two Bibliomaniacs said...

Great progress on your 2011 challenges – you had a very productive March! I agree with your review of Artemis Fowl. The concept for the book is brilliant, but a little preachy at times. I’ve continued on to book 4, but don’t know how much further I’ll go... Also, I’m quite intrigued by Cinderella: Ninja Warrior. It sounds like a really fun and unique read.

Also, thank you so much for the kind comments on our blog. You made our day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails