Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday - Mean Girls in Books

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature / weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week we make a top ten list from a given topic.

This week's topic is

Top Ten Mean Girls in Books

This week's topic was difficult. I don't think I read too many books where total bitches belong. But after some thinking I did manage to come up with a list. Unfortunately it is without further comments this time because I am pressed for time, but if you know any of these characters, you will know why they belong on this list!

1. Caroline Bingley (Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen)
2. Anne Boleyn (The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory)
3. Joyce Barnhardt (Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich)
4. Dolores Umbridge (Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling)
5. Mrs. Coulter (His Dark Materials trilogy by Philip Pullman)
6. Karla Trava (Inside Out by Maria V. Snyder)
7. Sarah Reed (Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë)
8. The evil stepmother (Cinderella: Ninja Warrior by Maureen McGowan)
9. The White Witch (Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis)

What female characters do you think belong on this list?

10 comments:

KarenSi said...

We have three in common, Anne Boleyn (although from a different book), Joyce Barnhardt and Mrs Coulter. Dolores Umbridge almost made my lst. The White Witch is a good one. Never thought of her.

Trish said...

Sarah Reed made my list too. And, yes of course, The White Witch! I completely forgot about her.

Lisa said...

Dolores made my list too. I hate how she needed absolute power over others. I agree that Anne was a mean one, but she still holds a place in my heart.

Anonymous said...

Awesome list! Dolores Umbridge is perfectly mean.

gautami tripathy said...

You listed good!

Check out my bad girls in my Top Ten post!

Rachel said...

We agree on quite a few. Great choices.

Rachel-Endless Reading

Two Bibliomaniacs said...

Great list! I also had Dolores. Both Anne and Caroline are great choices and Sarah Reed would have been my 11th...

Anonymous said...

#'s 1, 4, & 9 made my list too! I've some of your other picks on people's list. I'll have to read those books to see just why.

danya said...

Oooh, Mrs. Coulter is a good choice! So calculating and evil...

Mari - Escape In A Book said...

Ooooh that terrible Joyce, poor Stephanie ;) Great list!

Related Posts with Thumbnails