Monday, May 9, 2011

It's Monday, What Are You Reading?

 
It's Monday, What Are You Reading is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey. It is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.

Last week I had a friend staying from Wednesday to Sunday, so I hardly read a single page during that time. But I did get to play tourist in my own home area, have a Lord of the Rings extended edition marathon (12 hours straight – exhausting but worth it!) and have lots of fun. This coming Thursday I'm going on holiday with my Mum. We will be staying a couple of days in Drammen where I lived for a while when I was in uni, and then we are going to Scotland on Sunday. I've always wanted to go there, so I'm really looking forward to it (but the forecast says rain all week long... Hope it changes soon!).

FINISHED LAST WEEK
I have been re-watching Firefly lately, so it seemed like a good time to try my hand at my first graphic novel; Serenity: Better Days. Read my review here.

CURRENTLY READING
Seeing as I haven't gotten any reading done for several days, it is still Curse of the Spellmans by Lisa Lutz. I want to finish it before I leave, because I don't want to take a half-read book with me. But I have three days, so it shouldn't be a problem.

WHAT'S NEXT
Not sure what I'll take with me for the trip – something light and entertaining I think. I'm not sure whether I'll bring my Kindle or just a regular book. I usually don't read much on these kinds of trips, because we have so much planned, so I doubt I'll need more than one book. Any suggestions for fluffy holiday reads?

7 comments:

Kathy Martin said...

Have a nice trip! I'm a Serenity fan too. I'll have to look for the graphic novel. My Monday Report is here. Happy reading!

Unknown said...

Have a great trip! I love Sarah Addison Allen's books. I'm also a big fan of Janet Evanovich for fun, light reading.

Unknown said...

Have a great trip! :-)

When you say what do you mean?

Chick lit? then Sophie Kinsella's Can You Keep a Secret? is wonderful! as is Sammy's Hilly by Kristin Gore

Historical romance? Love Monica McCarty's trilogies :-D

Funny UF? Master of None by Sonya Bateman!

LOL romantic book? Touched by an Alien by Gini Koch

All are amazing! :-D

Happy reading!

Curling up by the Fire said...

I really need to check out some of these graphic novels. I have never been into them, but I have heard so many great things about them I think it's time to see what they're all about.

Enjoy your trip!

The1stdaughter said...

Oh! Did you hear they are going to re-release all of The Lord of the Rings in their extended editions into the theaters again soon? I can't wait! I'd love to see them on the big screen that way!

Your trip sounds lovely and much needed. Hope you have a fabulous reading week and if you get a second stop my to see what I've been reading at There's A Book! :)

pussreboots said...

Oooh. Serenity graphic novel. Must add to wishlist. My list this week is inflated with picture books that I read with my daughter and manga that I read over my morning coffee. Come see what I'm reading this week.

Anne@HeadFullofBooks said...

Jealous me. A quick trip to Scotland would be lovely. Have fun. I am a new follower!

Related Posts with Thumbnails