Tuesday, May 3, 2011

My Month in Books: April

April was another average reading month for me with four books read. I still don't know how I managed to read double that amount in January... I was hoping to be able to read more over Easter, but staying at Mum's meant I had to be sociable most of the time (oh, the horror!). But April is a perfect example of how my reading has changed in the year since I started blogging. 3/4 of these books are books I never would have picked up a year ago, either because they didn't appeal to me at the time or because I wouldn't have heard of them. Imagine what I would have missed!

Read in April

Links go to my reviews

16) Cinderella: Ninja Warrior by Maureen McGowan
17) Outside In by Maria V. Snyder
18) Tripwire by Lee Child
19) The Twisted Tale of Stormy Gale by Christine Bell – favourite book of the month

Incoming Books

Lots of incoming books this month. My read/incoming rate is way out of propotion, so either I have to read faster or I have to stop buying new books. I wonder which will be easier...

For review
The Cheshire Cheese Cat by Melissa Bloomfield (NetGalley)
Murder in the 11th House by Mitchell Scott Lewis (NetGalley)

RAKs
What Would Nancy Do by Maureen Mullis (thank you EmmaD!)
PS. I Love You by Cecelia Ahern (thank you Christina from Reading Exstensively!)
Master of None by Sonya Bateman (thank you Ashley from Bookaholic Does Blogging!)
+ a gift card from Lainy at So Many Books So Little Time

Bought
The Third Pig Detective Agency by Bob Burke
A Scottish Ferry Tale by Nancy Volkers
Kickback by Garry Disher
Enchanted Glass by Diana Wynne Jones
Shock Wave by Clive Cussler
13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson

Challenge Progress

First in a Series Challenge – 5/6
1. Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by J.K. Rowling
2. Burglars Can't Be Choosers by Lawrence Block
3. Heat Wave by Richard Castle
4. Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer
5. Inside Out by Maria V. Snyder

2nds Challenge – 1/3 
1. Outside In by Maria V. Snyder

Mystery & Suspense Challenge – 4/12
1. Burglars Can't Be Choosers by Lawrence Block
2. Heat Wave by Richard Castle
3. The Survivor by Sean Slater
4. Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer

Other Posts of Interest

Top Ten Tuesday
Books I want to see made into movies
Bookish pet peeves
Mean girls in books

Booking Through Thursday
Coming soon to a theatre near you

National Poetry Month
The Road Not Taken by Robert Frost
Once After Pushkin by Carol Rumens
Dust of Snow by Robert Frost
Stop All the Clocks by W. H. Auden

So how was your April?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails