Monday, June 6, 2011

It's Monday, What Are You Reading?

 
It's Monday, What Are You Reading is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey. It is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.

I finally got to see Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides last week. It was a fun movie; not as good as the first two but decent entertainment. Johnny Depp is always good, and I liked Penelope Cruz as well. Missed Jack Davenport as James Norrington though. :)

FINISHED LAST WEEK
After having read great things about the Bloody Jack series by L.A. Meyer I decided to pick up the first in the series, Bloody Jack, Being an Account of the Curious Adventures of Mary "Jacky" Faber, Ship's Boy. All the praise was not misplaced, it was a very good read.

CURRENTLY READING
I have just started The Doomsday Key by James Rollins, a scientific thriller in the Sigma series. Part of it is set in Norway, which doesn't happen very often in thrillers, so that's quite fun.

WHAT'S NEXT
Hard to say. Right now just thinking about all the books I should read makes me a little giddy. We'll see what I feel like once I've finished The Doomsday Key.

What are you reading this week?

5 comments:

Kathy Martin said...

I have heard good things about the Bloody Jack series too. I'm glad you liked it. My Monday Report is here. Have a great week!

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I haven't read any books in this series, but it looks tempting. Enjoy!

Here's MY MONDAY MEMES POST

Melanie said...

Have you read all the books in the Sigma series? Do you think The Doomsday Key could be read as a stand-alone? I'm asking, because I have that book here but I haven't read the previous books.

Have a great week!

Melanie

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

I went to Pirates yesterday and it was good... I think my favorite part was the Mermaids. :) I have to try the Bloody Jack series - everyone raves about them!

Hilde said...

Melanie - If you had asked me about any of the previous books I'd have said yes, but there was a twist in The Last Oracle that starting with The Doomsday Key will probably spoil. But I'm not even 50 pages into Doomsday Key, so I can't really say how big a deal that particular twist is yet. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Related Posts with Thumbnails