Monday, July 11, 2011

My Month in Books - June

Oops, I'm rather late putting together this summary of June – we're already well into July. I don't know how it happened, but somehow half the summer is already gone and it's almost time to start thinking about Christmas presents again!

So, let's talk about June. Not a very good month for me reading-wise. I hit a severe reading slump about mid-way through the month and haven't finished a single book in weeks now. I'm getting back into the swing of things now, but it made June a bad month in that respect.

What made June a good month however, was going to a Bon Jovi concert in Oslo on the 15th. It was an incredible experience and I'm still not over it. In fact, I think that concert might have to take some of the blame for my reading slump, because after I got home I couldn't stop listening to their music (and I can't read and listen to music at the same time). But if that's the case, it's okay – I can read anytime but I don't get to see Bon Jovi every day.

Read in June

Links go to my reviews

23) Bloody Jack by L.A. Meyer
24) The Doomsday Key by James Rollins
25) The Skeleton Key by James Rollins (novella)
26) A Scottish Ferry Tale by Nancy Volkers

I also posted my review of Curse of the Spellmans by Lisa Lutz. Love this series!

Incoming Books

I'm terrified of this list. I swear books are finding their way into my home of their own accord. My TBR pile is growing by the minute. This has to stop (yeah, as if).

For review
Hard Spell by Justin Gustainis (from the author)
No One to Trust by Julie Moffett (NetGalley/Carina Press)
The Mountain of Gold by J.D. Davies (NetGalley/Houghton Mifflin Harcourt)

RAK
Toil and Trouble by H.P. Mallory (thank you Rebecca from Kindle Fever!)

Won
The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole Aged 13 3/4 by Sue Townsend (thank you Daphne from Loving Books!)

BookCrossing
The Thieves of Faith by Richard Doetsch

Bought
The Pawn by Steven James (e-book)
The Girl With the Long Green Heart by Lawrence Block (e-book)
The Girl Who Chased the Moon by Sarah Addison Allen
Angela Carter's Book of Fairy Tales
Stories I Only Tell My Friends by Rob Lowe
Allegra Biscotti Collection by Olivia Bennett (free e-book)
The Skeleton Key by James Rollins (e-book)
Among Thieves by Douglas Hulick
Revenge of the Spellmans by Lisa Lutz
On Stranger Tides by Tim Powers
The Sword-Edged Blonde by Alex Bledsoe
The Twisted Tale of Stormy Gale by Christine Bell (free e-book)

Challenge Progress

First in a Series Challenge – 6/6 – Completed!
1. Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by J.K. Rowling
2. Burglars Can't Be Choosers by Lawrence Block
3. Heat Wave by Richard Castle
4. Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer
5. Fire Burn and Cauldron Bubble by H.P. Mallory
6. Bloody Jack by L.A. Meyer

2nds Challenge – 2/3 
1. Outside In by Maria V. Snyder
2. Curse of the Spellmans by Lisa Lutz

Mystery & Suspense Challenge – 6/12
1. Burglars Can't Be Choosers by Lawrence Block
2. Heat Wave by Richard Castle
3. The Survivor by Sean Slater
4. Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer
5. Curse of the Spellmans by Lisa Lutz
6. The Doomsday Key by James Rollins

Other Posts of Interest

Top Ten Tuesday
Favourite Book Settings

Booking Through Thursday
Soundtrack
Size Matters

Misc
Solar Eclipse

Here's to the rest of July – which happens to include my birthday. :)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails