Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Norwegian Edition: A Discovery of Witches

Norwegian Edition is a new feature here at The Turn of the Page. Usually we only see the US and UK editions of books across the blogosphere, so I thought I would share with you some Norwegian editions now and then.

First up:

A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness

Alle sjelers natt ("All Souls' Night") was released in Norway in March, and this is the cover for the hardback. It's very different from any other editions I have seen.


I haven't read the book yet, so it's hard to say how the cover art relates to the story. I love the colours and the full moon, but there is something about the whole thing that gives it an almost cartoony feel. Maybe it's the silhouetted bird that puts it over the top for me.

My favourite cover for the novel is this edition from Viking Adult:


What do you think of the Norwegian cover for A Discovery of Witches? What about the title?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails