Monday, January 23, 2012

It's Monday, What Are You Reading?

 
It's Monday, What Are You Reading is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey. It is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.


READ SO FAR IN 2012
My first read of the year was The Crown Conspiracy by Michael J. Sullivan. I've heard so many good things about the Riyaria Revelations series, and now that all six books are out I decided to start it. This first installment was fast-paced, action-packed and fun, and I'm looking forward to the rest of the series.

I've also read The Shadow Project by Scott Mariani, which is the fifth book in a thriller series featuring ex-SAS Major Ben Hope. I have a weak spot for daring heroes, and Ben is one of my favourites.

CURRENTLY READING
After reading Stella @ Ex Libris' excellent review of Master of None by Sonya Bateman last year I added it to my wishlist and was RAKed it by Bookaholic Does Blogging soon after (thanks, Ashley!). This is the first book in an urban fantasy series (with a male protagonist, I might add!), and after it had been waiting on Pickwick (my Kindle) for a while, I'm so glad I finally started it. I'm 1/4 in and so far I've cringed twice and laughed out loud a lot more times. I'm enjoying it very much!

WHAT'S NEXT
As usual I have no idea. I like to pick up whatever fancies me at the time. However, I do have a list of books I want to get to soon so I'm sort of organised. ;)

What are you reading?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails