Thursday, August 8, 2013

Booking Through Thursday - Tragedy Or Comedy


Booking Through Thursday is a weekly meme about (mostly) books and reading.

This week's question is:

All other things being equal (good writing, enthralling story, etc), which would you rather read—something serious, angsty, and tragic? Or something light, fluffy, and fun? Or a blend of both? (Since, really, isn’t that how real life works?)

That of course depends on my mood, but more often than not I tend to shy away from books that are very angsty or tragic. There are enough things that drag me down in real life, so I don't need my books to make me depressed as well. That's not to say I don't appreciate a well-written book that deals with a serious subject for example, but I have to be really up for it. I like my books to have a bit of humour in them – they don't have to be laugh-out-loud funny, but something like a character with a good sense of humour or some good one-liners is always great to balance out a dramatic or action-filled story.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails