Monday, January 20, 2014

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


 
It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey. It is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.

I'm currently 2 books ahead of my Goodreads challenge - that hasn't happened in over a year! *proud* :)

READ LAST WEEK
Last week I read Tales of Beedle the Bard by JK Rowling. It was a quick and entertaining read; I particularly enjoyed Dumbledore's notes on each of the stories. I'm still sad I have no more new Harry Potter books to read.

I'm very excited about The Musketeers, a new TV series based on Alexandre Dumas' The Three Musketeers which premiered on BBC One last night. I wanted to re-read Dumas' story but I was a bit intimidated by the size of it. Then I came across Death of a Musketeer by Sarah D'Almeida and the choice was easy. It is based on the characters from the original story and sees the musketeers and D'Artagnan trying to solve a murder mystery. It was an enjoyable story and I loved meeting the musketeers again. Read my review here.

CURRENTLY READING
I started Stiltskin by Andrew Buckley last night. It's a version of the classic fairy tales like no other I've ever come across and I'm loving it already.

WHAT'S NEXT
Still waiting for Where'd You Go Bernadette by Maria Semple and The Box of Red Brocade by Catherine Fisher. Hurry up, postman!

What are you reading this week?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails