Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Reading Wishlist


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature / weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week we make a top ten list from a given topic.

This week's topic is

Top ten things I'd like to see more of in books

1. Books set in the theatre
I love the theatre, both watching and participating, and I think a theatre would make a wonderful setting for many kinds of interesting stories.

2. Swashbuckling adventures for grown-ups
The kids have all the fun, don't they? While I've enjoyed several fantasy/adventure books with children or young teens as characters, I often find it hard to get really into it because of the age gap. I want to read the same sort of stories but with adult characters.

3. Witches and wizards
Not coming-of-age stories, not "in training" but witches and wizards who know about and are comfortable with their own powers.

4. Heists
I love a good con man or woman and I can never get enough of clever heist stories.

5. Books set in Norway/Scandinavia that aren't mystery books
Scandinavian mysteries are great, but I'd love to see my country used in other genres.

6. Books set in Scotland
I just love Scotland.

7. Friendships that don't turn into romance
Sometimes friends simply don't fall in love with each other.

8. Scott Lynch to finish the Gentleman Bastard Sequence
It took so long before the third book was published that I'm worried he'll never finish all seven before he dies.

9. More magical realism
Sarah Addison Allen does this so well and I wish there were more books with this element.

10. The Three Musketeers
I'm having a musketeer phase right now and I just want to read more about them!


What would you like to see more of in books?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails