Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Summer TBR List


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature / weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week we make a top ten list from a given topic.

This week's TTT topis is:

Top Ten Books On My Summer TBR List

I'm a mood reader, so I usually don't plan what I'm going to read next until I'm done with my current book, but this year I want to try and stick to a summer reading list as much as possible. These are all books I've wanted to read for a while; some old, some new and some rereads.




1. Inkheart / Inkspell / Inkdeath by Cornelia Funke
I've already read the first two books in the trilogy and loved them, but it's been a few years and I want to binge read the whole series. (Don't you just love those covers?)


2. The Nemesis Program by Scott Mariani
This is the latest installment in the Ben Hope series. It just came out and I can't wait to read it.


3. Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman
This is my favourite Gaiman book and one of my favourite books of all time, and lately I've been craving a reread.


4. The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman
I also want to read Gaiman's newest book. I'm very excited, because it's Gaiman, you know?


5. City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
I've been thinking about starting this series for quite a while but never got around to it. Now that all the books are out (aren't they?) I'm finally ready to see what all the fuss is about.


6. The Angel's Game by Carlos Ruiz Zafón
I loved The Shadow of the Wind when I read it years ago, and I really want to experience Zafón's beautiful writing again. Plus, this is a long overdue library book so I should probably get to it soon. ;)


7. Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor
I've heard so many good things about this book and I'm really excited to read it. If I like it, I'll probably read the rest of the trilogy right away.


8. On the Road by Richard Hammond
I just love Richard Hammond, okay? While his best book is said to be On the Edge, I'm just not ready to read about the horrible car crash he was in, so I'm aiming for this autobiography about his early years instead.


9. Garden Spells by Sarah Addison Allen
Sarah's books are perfect for long, light summer nights. I adored The Girl Who Chased the Moon and The Sugar Queen, and I've been saving this for a while because I want to savour it.


10. End of Enemies by Grant Blackwood
When I've read The Nemesis Program I won't have any more Ben Hope books to read for quite a while, so I need another thriller series to fill the gap. This one sounds interesting.

What is on your summer TBR list?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails